About Teeter Toddlers
Who We Are and Meeting Times: Teeter Toddlers is a non-denominational playgroup that meets twice each week. We meet on Tuesday and Friday mornings from 10:00am-11:30am. Parents and children get together once each week at St. Markss United Church
of Christ and take a field trip the opposite day.
Newsletter and Activities: Teeter Toddlers sends out a newsletter to each member every month. Within that newsletter you will find a feature family article, membership information, an activity calendar, and more! Some of our favorite activities include: the library, local parks, fire station, zoo, and SIGS open gym.
Annual Fee: Visitors are welcome to try out the playgroup for a month. At the end of that trial month you may join for $35.00 per year. For that $35.00 you get:
- Playmates for your children and fun activities twice weekly
- A chance to indulge in adult conversation and make new friends
- A newsletter with an activities calendar emailed to you each month
- Family parties including a summer party, halloween party, christmas party, and more
- Family or parent's night out periodically
- Meals delivered to the family upon the birth of a new baby
- A great way to find out about new places to take your children
- The TTP Website
Visitation: If you decide to visit, we strongly encourage that your first visit be at the church. This way, it will be easier for you to find and meet playgroup members. At the church, you will also fill out a brief visitor's form so we can contact you about any calendar changes. You will also get an information pamphlet and the most current newsletter/calendar.
Some Common Questions about Teeter Toddlers:
- How many people are in the playgroup? There are about 40 families that are members of Teeter Toddler's. However, any given session may have anywhere from 6 to 20 families in attendance.
- What if I can not come twice a week? Participate as often as you can or as little as you like. We do not take attendance or anything that formal. Some families attend almost every time. While others have preschool or other schedules to work around that restricts them from attending nearly as often. Also, some activities may not be appropriate for every age.
- Do I have to start my trial month at the beginning of a month? No, you can start your trial month at anytime that is convenient for you.
- How old are the kids in the playgroup? The children range in age from newborn to pre-kindergarten. Also, the kids who come to playgroup often have older siblings who are welcome to attend any parties or special events that are held when school is out.
- Do parents attend too? Definitely Yes! The group is for both parents and children to meet new friends.
- Are there any dads that attend Teeter Toddlers? Yes! The dads are definitely in the minority, but everyone is welcome including grandmothers, grandfathers, and other family members.
Visitor's Pamphlet: Please read over our Visitor's Pamphlet for more details.